Our approach to Web Design is more correctly called 'website architecture'. We define website architecture as the art and science of creating good websites "This requires:
- Useful and well organized content
- Good technical design [efficiency, firmness]
- Good visual design [beauty, delight]
The overall aim is high quality. We learn from other design approaches, from design analogies and from design theories. To be visible, websites also require good Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Websites should be bold and sometimes unexpected.
- A dog is a man's best friend - but a good website is the best friend of modern business.
- Medieval art is famed for its structure, its symbolism, its discipline and its perfect beauty. These are goals for web designers.
- Good websites are beautiful to behold and beautiful to consume.
- Color, line, pattern and symbolism are all elements of good web design.
- Websites must evolve or die.
- Web design should rarely be folksy.
- Structure is no use without order.
- Without navigation, a webpage is just a picture.